1. Bake a cake. Any box. Any flavor. Then let it cool.
2. Mix up a little frosting.
3. Crumble the cake and mix with frosting. You can mix as much as you want, but a little goes a long way. You don't want the cake to be too sticky.
4. Roll the cake/frosting mixture into walnut-sized balls. Freeze.
5. Melt chocolate and dip one a time.
The key is getting the chocolate the right consistency. I've found that almond bark usually melts the best. Then, I add a tablespoon or so of shortening so it is nice and thin. It makes it easier to get a smooth covering of chocolate which makes a really pretty cake ball.
It was fun to bring them to work and make everyone guess what I was having.
|Always add sprinkles. They make everything more fun.|
|It's a boy!|