Too Darn Cute

Monday, July 8, 2013

Blueberry Eyes


Having a baby is the best way to make new friends. I can't go anywhere without a stranger stopping to peek in the car seat and flash a goofy grin at my little guy. I can't blame them. I mean, he is the cutest baby that was ever born. Sometimes, he even grins back. They usually then chat with me for a minute to comment on how quickly they grow up, to brag about their sweet grandkids, or to reprimand me for not having socks on his feet. I've come to enjoy these short conversations. I love the smiles and joy that my baby brings, not just to me, but to just about everyone that he meets.

Last week I was checking out at a local grocery store. Leo was shopping with me in his car seat (taking up most of the shopping cart) as usual. The cashier peered in, got a huge grin out of him, and melted. "He's got blueberries for eyes!" she exclaimed as she smiled at him. She was an instant friend.

I loved her description of his eyes. I've always thought he had really pretty eyes, but could never do them justice when I tried to describe them. They're a deep, dark blue and they shine in the middle. They look just like blueberries and they're even the right size! I think about blueberries every time I look at him now.

I had so much fun taking these pictures of my newly 6-month-old. He was cracking me up with all his goofy faces. He is becoming more and more aware of everything and everyone around him. With blueberries for eyes, I have no doubt that he'll continue to make friends everywhere we go.



Look at those goofy faces!

He generally finds eating his hat and tie is way more fun than wearing them.
He also enjoys making out with Sophie.
"Okay, mom, this is getting boring..."


No comments:

Post a Comment